No products in the cart.
NISARGAAM ORGANIC TURMERIC: GOLDEN AND PURE SPICE
Nisargaam Organic Turmeric is the dark yellow-coloured spice which comes from the plant of the same name. It is a flowering plant of the ginger family, whose roots are used as spices.
The plant, when grown, reaches an approximate height of three feet. It also produces flower and stem or rhizome, which is found underground. The rhizome looks somewhat like ginger; it is a stem akin to root, which produces the turmeric spice that we use.
Most of the people while referring to Turmeric refer actually to the spice, which is prepared by crushing the turmeric root. This root powder has a bright color and a peppery and somewhat bitter flavor. It is an important and inseparable part of the Indian kitchen. In India, it is known as “Haldi”. Because of its brilliant yellow color, it is also known as “Indian saffron”.
Turmeric has been used in India for over 2500 years ago and it is also a major part of Ayurvedic Branch of medicine. There is hardly any dish which is made without turmeric.
Turmeric is also an excellent source of fiber, Vitamin B6 ,Vitamin C, Potassium and Magnesium. There also two important medicinal components in turmeric known as turmezone and curcumin. Curcumin is the component giving medicinal powers to turmeric, but makes up only 3% of turmeric. Often, more concentrated curcumin supplements are used. Turmeric is a wonderful spice having extraordinary healing properties.
Health benefits of turmeric:
- Naturally anti-inflammatory: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and it is a natural medicine in the cases of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Natural Antibiotic: Curcumin, a turmeric component, is a bioactive substance and hence turmeric is used for treating infections.
- Naturally Antifungal: Turmeric is a good anti-fungal agent and it helps in fighting Candida Albicans and biofills.
- Natural Antiseptic: Due to its antiseptic properties, it is useful in cuts and burns as well.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukaemia.
- Natural Detoxifier: It helps in natural detoxification of the liver. It helps in boosting enzymes, which flush out dietary toxins from our body.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Turmeric reduces the amount of bad cholesterol circulating in the blood and thus protects us from heart disease due to high cholesterol.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Antioxidant properties of curcumin present in turmeric helps in lowering blood pressure and regulating the blood circulation in our body.
- Turmeric also reduces arterial damage caused by High Blood Pressure.
- It also helps in regulating high blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric can prevent changes in blood platelet activity caused by high blood pressure.
- Angiotension: Converting enzyme can be inhibited by turmeric. This enzyme can narrow down our blood vessels. Turmeric inhibits ACE Enzyme by regulating blood pressure.
- Turmeric helps in prevention of the cancer of breast, prostate gland, skin and lymph gland. Consuming turmeric along with cauliflower has shown to prevent prostate cancer and control the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- Turmeric helps digestion by inducing bile juice and is thus, good for the liver as well. That is why, it also a good medicine for treating jaundice.
- Curcumin contained in turmeric can also block brain tumour activity.
- Turmeric is a natural analgesic.
- Relieves chest Congestion: Circumin in turmeric helps in dissolving mucus. So, it is advised to take 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder with lukewarm milk. It is a good remedy for cough caused by bacteria. The healing properties kill bacteria and treat cough and cold.
- Turmeric also promotes intestinal health and is useful in treating stomach ulcers and colitis.
- Turmeric with milk eases menstrual pain and cramps.
- Turmeric helps in weight loss as it breaks down the fats in our food.
Cosmetic Benefits of Turmeric:
- It helps in reducing acne due to its antibacterial properties.
- Regular application of turmeric prevents recurrence of nagging pimples.
- It provides glow to our skin.
- Its bleaching properties reduce the body hair growth.
- It makes our skin fair by lightening the pigmentation of our skin.
- Its antioxidant properties reduces the loosening of the skin and makes skin look younger, by preventing the formation of wrinkles.
- Anti-inflammatory and Antiseptic properties of turmeric help soothe skin burns.
- Turmeric helps in reducing stretch marks, which generally appear after delivery of baby or losing weight. Curcumin penetrates into the cell membranes and cures stretch marks.
- Turmeric helps in foot cracks due to its astringent properties.
- Turmeric can be used as a scrub, which removes dead cells from the skin and makes our skin clear.
- Excessive hair growth on our face is known as “Hirsutism”. Oral consumption of turmeric treats the hormonal imbalance, which is the responsible factor behind that.
- Turmeric protects our skin from the harmful effects of ultra-violet rays of the sun, which tan our skin.
- Turmeric is also useful for our hair, apart from the body and face. Certain studies tell us that circuminoids in turmeric can help prevent hair loss. A mixture of turmeric and olive oil or any essential oil, can remove dandruff and improve scalp health, if applied in hair.
- 100% Organic.
- Non- GMO
- Highly enriched with vitamins, mineral and iron.
- Renewable and environment-friendly packaging.
- No use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- No toxic solvent.
- Made in optimum hygienic conditions, retaining its natural value.
- No Child Labour.
Turmeric has also been used in India since ages as a cosmetic. People, especially, women are advised to use it to get a natural glow and radiance to our skin.
You can visit